Philadelphia Tractor Trailer Accident Attorney
We believe victims are entitled to maximum compensation for injuries
Tractor trailers, or 18-wheelers,play a vital role in the economic well-being of this country. Trucks are the primary means by which goods and materials are transported, but they are also responsible for thousands of highway deaths each year and cause more than 100,000 injuries each year. At the Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen, our Philadelphia tractor trailor accident attorneys have expert knowledge of the complex maze of state and federal laws and regulations which govern how these vehicles are operated and maintained. We believe that if you are the victim of a tractor trailer accident, you deserve the maximum compensation possible for the injuries and damages you suffer.
Complex regulations can play a role in your right to compensation following a tractor trailer accident
The massive size and weightof the tractor trailers operating on the nation’s highwayscan turn them into potentially lethal objects when truck drivers exceed safe speed limits or are too tired and fatigued to respond to rapidly changing situations. Government regulations have been enacted to address key safety issues when it comes to the operation of tractor trailers, including:
- Equipment Regulations: The government has strict standards for brakes, lights, vehicle inspection and maintenance intervals, and mandatory emergency and safety equipment.
- Cargo Regulations: The size, type and securing of the loads carried by tractor trailers are regulated out of safety concerns. Improperly loaded or secured cargo can fall off a truck and become a hazard to other vehicles, or it can shift during transport and cause a driver to lose control of the truck.
- Driver Regulations:From bans on texting while driving to mandatory alcohol and drug testing, while operating a tractor trailer the government places many restrictions on truck drivers and imposes standards for training and hour restrictions designed to promote safe operation.
Our extensive experience handling tractor trailer accidents gives us a distinct advantage when representing clients who are seriously injured. Weknow many tractor trailer accidents are caused by trucking companies and truck drivers who cheat by driving too fast, working longer hours than allowed or sending trucks out on the road with faulty equipment. It is essential to conduct a thorough investigation and review of police reports to determine if the accident in which you were injured was caused by the failure of the tractor trailer owner or driver to comply with the regulations.
A Philadelphia personal injury law firm with a proven record of success
Congress is considering increasing the size of tractor trailers and the loads they can carry. At the same time, it is reviewing a proposal to lower the minimum age for licensing of truck drivers from 21 years of age to 18. These changes, if implemented, can only lead to more accidents and injuries caused by factors such as:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Driver error
- Inadequate training
- Drug and alcohol use
Our proven track record of success in achieving the maximum benefit for victims of 18-wheeler accidents is unsurpassed. The delaying and low-balling tactics of insurance adjusters or trucking company executives are no match for the relentless advocacy for which Michael T. van der Veen and his hardworking accident litigation team have become famous.When you are seriously injured in a tractor trailer crash caused by someone’s negligent conduct, you are entitled to recover for the injuries and damages you suffer. Attorney van der Veen has won national acclaim for his unwavering commitment to holding responsible parties accountable for their negligence. Some of our truck accident verdicts and settlements include:
- $10 million settlement for boy with injury from a tractor trailer
- $4.5 million jury verdict for man rendered tetraplegic by a tractor trailer
- $3.5 million jury verdict for a woman sandwiched by 2 dump trucks
Included among the damages for which you may be entitled to recover compensation are:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Household services
- Lost earnings
- Recovery for diminished future earnings due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life’s pleasures
We cannot heal your injuries, but we make it possible for you to concentrate on the process of healing without having to worry about your financial well-being. Our Philadelphia tractor trailer accident attorneys fight on your behalf and win.
Our Philadelphia accident lawyers make sure others pay when you are injured in a tractor trailer crash
18 wheeler accidents put a tremendous toll on innocent victims. Contact the Philadelphia Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen at any time of the day or night to put our aggressive Philadelphia tractor trailer accident attorneys to work for you. Call us today at 215-515-6892 for a free initial consultation. You may also contact us online.