Philadelphia Contract Dispute Attorney
Contracts are the foundation of a solid business transaction
Individuals and companies depend upon contracts to enable them to engage in business. Most business litigation issues have, at their core, at least one contract dispute. Premier Philadelphia contract disputes attorney at The Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen bring the same hardworking, innovative approach to business litigation and contract dispute resolution that has made them famous. Their one goal is to achieve a successful resolution that preserves your rights and protects your interests.
When a contract dispute threatens your business, call on Philadelphia’s foremost business litigation attorneys
Contracts embrace every aspect of your personal and professional life. From the purchase of a home to the purchase of a car, you encounter contracts virtually on daily basis. Contracts play just as important a role in the work environment as they do at home. There are countless things you do each day in your business that involve contractually enforceable rights and obligations.
Some of the most common areas in which contract disputes might arise include:
- Purchase and sale of goods, materials and services: A contract dispute over price, quantity or quality of the items could delay your business operations. Resolving such disputes quickly and in a way that is favorable to you will save your company time and money.
- Shareholder and partnership arrangements: A dispute among the owners of a company can take a devastating toll on it. Owners squabbling over management issues affect relationships with employees and customers until they are resolved.
- Employment and independent contractor arrangements: Enforcement of agreements not to compete and the protection of proprietary information are critical when employees leave your company or when contractors are granted access to sensitive data.
- Insurance: An insurance claim may be held up by an insurance company refusing to part with its money even though contractually obligated to do so by the terms of the policy. You want a formidable Philadelphia business litigation law firm representing you — our Philadelphia contract attorneys take on powerful insurance companies and win.
- Construction projects: When it comes to construction, time is money. Having a construction project grind to a standstill over a contract dispute can quickly bankrupt a project. Our Philadelphia business attorneys know the importance of an aggressive and tough-minded approach when disputes arise over construction contracts.
- Consumer transactions: The Plain Language Consumer Contract Act is just one of the state and federal laws affecting the form, content, enforceability and clarity of language of consumer contracts. Disputes related to consumer transactions require the services of our Philadelphia business litigation attorneys who are well-versed in this particular area of the law.
- Financing: The complexities of financing arrangements frequently lead to conflicts between borrowers and lenders. Recognizing the issues and formulating solutions call for the services of astute and savvy Philadelphia business attorneys.
- Warranties and guarantees: Obligations and responsibilities arising from express or implied warranties or guarantees often lead to contract disputes concerning their enforcement.
Losing a contract dispute could mean financial losses and damage to your company’s reputation from which it may never recover. Whether you are enforcing your rights under a contract or defending against a breach of contract claim, you need an attorney whose dynamic litigation skills have earned them honors as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in the U.S. as chosen by The National Trial Lawyers. Michael T. van der Veen is that Philadelphia business litigation attorney and has assembled a team that believes, as he does, in fighting to win.
A thorough and detailed investigation is essential in a contract dispute
Our dedicated team of Philadelphia business attorneys know that sophisticated negotiation skills and a well-written agreement may prevent or limit future contract disputes from arising. However, even the most artfully-crafted agreement may not eliminate conflicts. When conflicts arise concerning the intent of the parties to a contract, we review all correspondence, including emails, exchanged between the parties. Going through months and months of correspondence is tedious, but an in-depth investigation of this type could produce the evidence to win a business litigation judgment favorable to our client.
Contract disputes require the legal savvy of our top-notch Philadelphia business attorneys
Pennsylvania’s award winning business litigation attorneys can be found at The Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen in Philadelphia. Our courtroom skills and devotion to the success of your case is why you should call our Philadelphia Contract Disputes Attorney today to schedule an appointment. Call us at (215) 515-6892 for a free initial consultation. Or, contact us through our website.