Close Menu

Do I need to hire a lawyer if I am the victim of assault?

Return to Video FAQs


Absolutely, you do. The first thing you want to do after interacting with the police is hire a lawyer. The lawyer is going to help you communicate with the police department and the prosecutors. And more importantly, the lawyer is going to help you recover your damages as a result of the assault. That is, you’re likely going to have medical bills and lost wages. You’re going to want a lawyer to help you recover those fully. You’re going to have pain and suffering and mental anguish as a result of the assault, and you’re going to want a good, strong, aggressive lawyer who’s going to fight to recover those damages for you as well.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn