Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Skip to main content Close Menu

Should I go to the doctor after my Pennsylvania car accident?

Return to Video FAQs


Yes, you should go to your family doctor immediately. Your doctor will recommend follow-up treatment, prescribe you medication, and suggest ways of treating your injury. He may send you to therapy. He may refer you to other specialists. If you do not have a family doctor, go directly to the emergency room. Tell them you were in an accident. Tell them how the accident happened, and tell them what parts of the body were hurting you. They will then treat you and discharge you or keep you overnight. However they feel is appropriate. And after that you will have discharge instructions, which you should follow up with.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation