Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Skip to main content Close Menu

What happens if the other driver involved in the accident is not insured or has minimal coverage?

Return to Video FAQs


If the other driver involved in the crash either has minimal coverage or no coverage at all, you have two options.

One, if they have no coverage, you could look to your own insurance company, which is called an uninsured motorist claim. If they have minimal coverage and you settle for the amount of their coverage, then what you would do is also look to your own insurance policy, and that’s called an underinsured motorist claim.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation