Philadelphia Criminal & Personal Injury Attorney
The Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen is widely recognized for maintaining a uniquely broad practice covering both personal injury and criminal matters. Catering to clients facing criminal charges, and those who have been injured through no fault of their own, the Law Offices of Michael T.van der Veen is the only law firm that you and your family need, no matter what civil or criminal matter you may encounter. Our firm also serves small businesses, guiding business owners through common legal issues. Whatever your legal needs, look no further for staunch legal representation and compassionate advocacy. This is our commitment to you. Contact our experienced Philadelphia personal injury & criminal defense attorneys today.
The Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen is the premier Philadelphia personal injury and criminal defense attorney serving individuals and families across Pennsylvania and New Jersey. With decades of experience fighting for clients, and a history of outstanding litigation success, we have earned the much-deserved reputation as Pennsylvania’s toughest, hardest-working attorneys. Mr. van der Veen has won multi-million dollar jury verdicts in both State and Federal Courts and achieved not-guilty verdicts for charges ranging from DUI to Murder.As the only firm in the area handling both personal injury and criminal defense cases, we go beyond simply winning for clients. Serving as a voice for the injured and standing up for the rights of the accused is our personal duty, and we take this responsibility very seriously. Every client is critically important and Mr. van der Veen lives to win. He will not settle for the minimum, he always fights for the best possible result for every client. Rely on our team of exceptional attorneys including Francis O’Neill, Jr. who has been selected to the 2016 Pennsylvania Rising Stars list that no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to by the research team at Super Lawyers, to work around-the-clock to get the best possible results for you and your family.
- Philadelphia Personal Injury
- Philadelphia Auto Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Dram Shops
- Mass Transit Accidents
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability
- Philadelphia SEPTA Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Philadelphia Criminal Defense
- Philadelphia Business Litigation
- Philadelphia Civil Rights
Hard-driving personal injury attorneys help accident victims recover from devastating injuries
With an extensive and diverse civil practice, we are the Philadelphia personal injury attorneys that countless clients rely on to meet their litigation needs:
- Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents can leave victims with extensive injuries and significant medical bills. We are relentless in fighting to secure maximum compensation for clients injured in all types of accidents involving cars, motorcycles, 18-wheelers, tractor trailer trucks, commercial trucks and vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles and recreational vehicles.
- Product liability — If you have been injured by a defective product, the company that made or manufactured the product may be liable for your injuries. Through a product liability action, we take on even the largest companies in obtaining redress for your injuries, and win.
- Premises liability — People are often injured on another’s property. If this has happened to you, you have rights. Trust our decades of premises liability experience to enforce these rights in your case. If you have been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, we will seek maximum compensation and stop at nothing to win.
- Dram shop — If you or a loved one has been injured by a drunk driver, liability for your injuries may extend beyond just the driver. Bars and restaurants may also be liable. We skillfully leverage Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop laws to hold responsible parties accountable for damage and injuries they have caused.
- Dog bites — Pennsylvania has stringent laws governing a dog owner’s liability for dog bites. If you were bitten by another person’s dog, whether on public or private property, we put Pennsylvania dog bite laws to work in seeking compensation for your injuries.
- Nursing home negligence — Nursing home negligence and abuse is a horrible reality for many elderly Americans. If your family member has suffered injury or neglect at the hands of uncaring or incompetent nursing home staff, we are aggressive in our efforts to seek accountability and full, fair recovery.
No matter the personal injury issue you are facing, we tailor our approach and case strategy to your specific circumstances and needs. And, you can trust us to be completely honest with you. If a settlement is in your best interest, you can rest assured that we will do everything necessary to obtain the maximum recovery outside of a trial. In the event your case goes to trial, we never shy away from standing up to large insurance companies, government entities, and sly defense teams in court. We will go up against anyone when it comes to our clients. We live for the challenge of fighting and winning on your behalf.
Aggressively fighting for the rights of the innocent and accused
If you are facing criminal allegations, what you need most is a hard-hitting criminal defense attorney. One with a fierce commitment to winning and a deep commitment to you and your freedom. One who lifts you up and helps you become stronger in every aspect of your life – mentally, physically and spiritually, so when you are under fire as a result of criminal accusations, you are able to effectively weather the storm. Michael T. van der Veen is the Philadelphia criminal attorney who delivers all these things. He is uncompromising in his efforts to fight the charges against you, including:
- DUI — As Pennsylvania’s premier DUI defense attorney, Mr. van der Veen and team boasts countless success winning DUI trials and/or securing reduced sentences.
- Assault — Mr. van der Veen has successfully defended countless clients throughout the course of his career against felony aggravated assault charges and related offenses. We come to your defense quickly, when you need it most.
- Sex offenses — Nothing is routine about sex crimes cases, and there is nothing routine about the defense strategies that we mount for you. Whether accused of rape, sexual assault, or other serious sex crimes, we do everything necessary to defend you. Don’t trust just anyone when your future hangs in the balance. Trust our skill and innovative approach.
- Drugs—With substantial, high-profile experience in drug cases, rely on The Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen to stand up for you against charges of selling, manufacturing, or trafficking controlled substances. Attorney van der Veen began his career as a criminal lawyer in Chicago, handling high-profile drug cases. Specifically, the Chicago needle trials in the 1990’s, which garnered national attention. He was instrumental in changing the law, decriminalizing needle possession, thus reducing the spread of AIDS.
- White collar crimes — Recognized by companies and employees around the state for steadfast white collar criminal defense, we are advocates for those accused of corporate embezzlement, fraud, and related crimes.
- Internet crimes—Rare and exceptional expertise in internet crimes allows us to succeed in internet crimes cases where other attorneys cannot. Whether you are facing a possession of child pornography or identity theft and forgery charge, we are your steadfast advocate.
With your reputation, future, and freedom on the line, you cannot settle for second-rate criminal representation. We fight for first-rate results.
Upholding fundamental constitutional rights and guarantees
A robust civil rights practice rounds out our comprehensive criminal and personal injury expertise. Individuals in Pennsylvania and New Jersey rely on us to uphold constitutional rights:
- Police brutality—Through our decades of experience, we know that not all force used by police is justified. On behalf of injured victims throughout Pennsylvania, we are not afraid to hold law enforcement accountable for excessive force and other police brutality.
- False imprisonment or wrongful arrest—If you have been detained or arrested without probable cause, you may be entitled to damages. With our firm by your side, we uphold your constitutional due process rights and make sure you get the recovery you deserve.
- Discrimination—Being a victim of discrimination can leave you out of work or unable to access educational opportunities. It is important to hold individuals and institutions responsible for discrimination. We help you do that.
A trusted partner for your small business
For decades, our firm has served small businesses across Pennsylvania and New Jersey, lending experience and expertise to the issues with which businesses commonly grapple:
- Contracts—Every business relies on contracts, and area businesses routinely engage the firm to advise them during contract drafting and execution. Often this entails taking unresolved matters to court when doing so is in the best interest of your business.
- Antitrust—Business and antitrust regulations are complicated—and non-compliance is costly. Through seasoned legal counsel, we ensure that your business is operating within the bounds of applicable competition laws.
- Government investigations—We have the knowledge and legal savvy you need when facing corporate, criminal and government investigations into business practices, regulation compliance or other matters by the Attorney General, state police, district attorney’s office or other state or federal agency.
- Formation and dissolution—From startup to dissolution, there are many legal issues that a business encounters. Our firm is a trusted resource for thorough representation at all stages in the life of your business.
If you are in need of a knowledgeable Philadelphia personal injury or criminal defense attorney, call us today
Few Pennsylvania law firms offer the extensive legal practice that clients find at The Law Offices of Michael T. van der Veen. Individuals, families, and small businesses lean on our firm and knowledgeable legal team for seasoned advice and staunch representation. Call (215) 515-6892 or contact us online to explore how our unparalleled experience can work for you. We offer free initial consultations for all clients. Individuals in Philadelphia or neighboring counties can visit our office, just blocks from City Hall and the Jefferson SEPTA station.