Reading Family Attorney
Going to court because of a family law matter is something that no one ever wants to do. Yet family issues happen and, sometimes, the intervention of the court is necessary. At the law office of van der Veen, Hartshorn, and Levin, our Reading family attorneys can provide you with representation as you navigate your family law case. We know how much is on the line for both you and your family members in many cases – we’ll work hard for you to ensure that you get the representation that you both need and deserve.
Our Family Law Practice Areas
We know that no two family matters are alike and that your case is unique to you. That being said, many cases follow the same general structure, which is why working with an experienced family law attorney is so important. Our family law practice areas include:
- Filing for a divorce is one of the most common reasons that clients contact us for services. Divorce can be emotional, legally complex, and have big implications for your future. Our legal team will guide you in resolving the various issues in a divorce and protecting your best interests, including as they pertain to division of property, child support, child custody, spousal maintenance, and more.
- Child custody. Whether parents are divorcing, separating, or were never married in the first place, if they have a shared child is common, child custody is a legal issue. Our lawyers understand child custody laws in our state and how to best improve your chances of being granted custody of your child.
- Child support. When parents do not live together and therefore do not equally share custody of a child, the non-custodial parent is responsible for making child support payments to the custodial parent. We’ll help you to understand how child support payments are determined, for how long they last, how to enforce a child support order, and more.
- Spousal maintenance. Sometimes, an order for spousal maintenance/alimony is part of a divorce settlement. Spousal maintenance is appropriate when one party was financially dependent on the other throughout the course of the marriage.
- Domestic violence. For victims of domestic violence, seeking a safe shelter and then filing a petition for a domestic violence protection order is critical. Our lawyers can help with this, and can also assist you in taking steps to pursue a divorce, custody of your children, and more.
- Do you have questions about other family law matters, such as grandparents’ rights, establishing paternity, or LGBTQ family law issues? If so, please call us today. We can help.
Call Our Reading Family Law Attorneys Today
Our experienced Reading, Pennsylvania family law attorneys at the law office of van der Veen, Hartshorn, and Levin are passionate about providing our clients with high-quality and attentive legal services when they need it most. If you’re facing a family law matter, please don’t hesitate to call our lawyers today for a consultation with one of our skilled attorneys. We are here to serve you.