Posts in Personal Injury
- Apr 12Amazon Will Now Cover Portion Of Customers’ Injuries From Defective ProductsThe debate has existed almost as long as Amazon itself. When consumers purchase goods from the mega online shopping site an...VIEW ARTICLE
- Apr 7Liability for Youth ConcussionsIn 2011, the Pennsylvania legislature passed The Safety in Youth Sports Act, which was primarily aimed at decreasing the number o...VIEW ARTICLE
- Apr 5Collecting Compensation for Broken GlassAlthough most people associate broken bones and whiplash with car accident injuries, in reality, some of the most dangerous injuries face...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jan 20FAQs About Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop LawsA man was recently injured while inside a pub and is now suing the establishment as well as the individual tha...VIEW ARTICLE
- Oct 12Questions To Ask A Personal Injury Lawyer Before Hiring ThemIf you have been in an accident and sustained serious injuries, you may be able to file a claim against th...VIEW ARTICLE
- Aug 12Recovering Damages For A Traumatic Brain InjuryTraumatic brain injuries, commonly referred to as TBIs, are very common after car accidents, workplace accidents, and slip and falls. Despit...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jul 29Common Mistakes to Avoid in Your Personal Injury ClaimCar accidents, medical malpractice, and slip and falls are just a few ways in which innocent accident victims become hurt ever...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jul 22Understanding Punitive Damages In PennsylvaniaAfter an accident, many people know that they can file a claim against the negligent party to recover damages such a...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jul 15Proposed Bill Would Make It Harder For Students And More To Claim Damages Related To COVID-19Recently, the Pennsylvania House of Representatives passed House Bill 605. Although it is not law just yet, it poses many problem...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jul 6Common Questions About Personal Injury Law in PennsylvaniaIf you have been hurt and you think it was due to someone else’s negligence, you have a lot of questions...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jun 30The Importance Of Seeking Medical Attention After An AccidentRecently, a Pennsylvania man was in his horse drawn buggy when it was struck by a driver that had a bloo...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 11Can You Sue For Road Rage In Pennsylvania?Residents of Pennsylvania were shocked this week to learn that a 47-year-old Pennsylvania woman was killed while traveling to North Carolin...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jan 5Can You Sue After Accepting an Insurance Settlement?f you were hurt by the negligence of another person, you have the right to file a claim against them t...VIEW ARTICLE
- Dec 10When Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?Accidents cause a number of injuries, whether you have been involved in a car crash, have slipped and fallen on someon...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jul 22What to Know About Suing the Government in PennsylvaniaOn June 27, 2018, a one-year-old crawled onto a window ledge in an apartment building and fell 30 feet to th...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jun 16Can You Sue if You Contract COVID-19 at Work?In early May, the family of a worker at a meat processing plant filed a lawsuit against the company in Philadelphia...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 5People Hurt by an Intoxicated Person May be Able to Sue Under the State’s Dram Shop LawsThere are a number of consequences that can come from having too much to drink at a bar or other establishment...VIEW ARTICLE
- Feb 13What Makes a Strong Personal Injury Case?After an accident, victims are dealing with severe injuries, often cannot return to work, and have a mountain of medical bills...VIEW ARTICLE
- Nov 25What is a Birth Injury?The birth of a child is a milestone that parents look forward to with much excitement. Unfortunately, there are times whe...VIEW ARTICLE
- Oct 29The Risk of Using Social Media After an AccidentEveryone is on social media these days, and it’s what many turn to when something happens in their lives. This i...VIEW ARTICLE
- Oct 16How Long Will Your Personal Injury Case Take?No one relishes the thought of fighting with insurance companies or negligent parties for weeks, months, or sometimes even years. However...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jun 27Airplane Negligence: Where Premises and Product Liability MeetA Pennsylvania man is in settlement talks with Southwest Airlines, and others, after he was injured on a plane. The ma...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jun 21What to Do After a Hit-and-Run in PennsylvaniaIt’s a tragedy that happens all too often in Pennsylvania. Someone is walking down the street, riding their bike, or eve...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 6How do Damages for Loss of Enjoyment of Life Work in Pennsylvania?In early March, a Pennsylvania appeals court upheld a man’s personal injury award for injuries he sustained in a car crash...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 2Personal Injury Lawsuits Involving Adults vs. ChildrenAccidents happen, and they’re often the fault of another person. These types of accidents don’t only happen to adults, though. Childre...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jan 29Does Pennsylvania Place Caps on Damages?When While many states place a cap, or limit, on the amount of certain damages an accident victim can receive, tha...VIEW ARTICLE
- Dec 28Use of Video Footage and Social Media in Personal Injury ClaimsNearly everyone is equipped with a camera everywhere they go. In just the last two years, 90 percent of all dat...VIEW ARTICLE
- Dec 18Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against a Social HostPennsylvania has some of the most strict laws governing alcohol of any state. For instance, liquor and wine can only b...VIEW ARTICLE
- Nov 15Emotional Distress DamagesBeing injured in a car collision, as a pedestrian, or walking in a store and slipping on an unmarked puddle ca...VIEW ARTICLE
- Nov 6Duck Boat DrowningsSeventeen people were killed in a tragic drowning incident in Missouri when their “duck boat” was capsized in a sudden storm...VIEW ARTICLE
- Sep 25Injuries from Flammable Fuel GelFlammable fuel gel is a dangerous substance used in personal “fire pots” and wickless candles, commonly found in backyard barbeques an...VIEW ARTICLE
- Sep 19Recent Norovirus OutbreaksMore than 500 visitors to a Tennessee zipline canopy tour have reported serious gastrointestinal illnesses, with symptoms similar to those o...VIEW ARTICLE
- Mar 21Were You Hit by a Drunk Driver?Drunk drivers have caused havoc on Pennsylvania roadways ever since the automobile was invented, and they continue to do so today...VIEW ARTICLE
- Feb 27Pennsylvania Follows Modified Comparative NegligenceThe amount a party can recover in a civil suit depends on what type of negligence system the state follows. Throughou...VIEW ARTICLE
- Feb 9Skiing InjuriesAccording to ABC News, five skiers were injured at the Tussey Mountain ski resort when a chair lift slid backwards o...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jan 5Recovering Damages in a Pennsylvania Personal Injury LawsuitIf you or a loved one has been injured due to no fault of your own, you likely have valid persona...VIEW ARTICLE
- Nov 9Were You Injured by a Negligent Business Owner?Most people do not know or fully understand that when they enter a business establishment, the owner owes each customer ...VIEW ARTICLE
- Jun 29When are Parents Liable for the Actions of Their Children?Teenagers are notorious for being irresponsible and making poor, often reckless, decisions. Unfortunately, these decisions can prove deadly for others o...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 9The Dangers of Chemical SpillsEvery year, commercial trucks transport an array of products ranging from livestock and agricultural products to furniture and toys. However, i...VIEW ARTICLE
- Apr 4Collecting Compensation for Accidents Caused by Road DebrisAccording to a recent study published by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, over the last four years there were mor...VIEW ARTICLE
- Mar 21Collecting Compensation for Soft Tissue InjuriesSome of the most common injuries suffered by those involved in car crashes and other accidents are related to soft tissu...VIEW ARTICLE
- Oct 27Establishing Negligence and Obtaining Compensation in PennsylvaniaThousands of Pennsylvania residents are injured every year as a result of another person’s negligent or reckless behavior. Fortunately, these at-faul...VIEW ARTICLE
- Sep 21Insurance to Exclude Sports-Related Brain Injuries?Pennsylvania athletes who have sustained a Failure to Protect Players from Head Injury Leads to Lawsuits Professional athletes can obtain wha...VIEW ARTICLE
- Sep 20Dram Shop Laws in PennsylvaniaIn Pennsylvania, bars, restaurants, and liquor stores that sell alcohol can be held liable if an intoxicated customer’s reckless conduct cause...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 19Why Hire a Philadelphia Accident Attorney?Whether you realize it or not, your judgment is completely altered after an accident. It is hard to think clearly abou...VIEW ARTICLE
- May 11Well-Known Personal Injury Lawyer, Michael T. van der Veen, Announces New Philadelphia OfficeProviding unparalleled results and client-centered dedication is the cornerstone of van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin for more than two decade...VIEW ARTICLE
Amazon Will Now Cover Portion Of Customers’ Injuries From Defective Products
Liability for Youth Concussions
Collecting Compensation for Broken Glass
FAQs About Pennsylvania’s Dram Shop Laws
Questions To Ask A Personal Injury Lawyer Before Hiring Them
Recovering Damages For A Traumatic Brain Injury
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Your Personal Injury Claim
Understanding Punitive Damages In Pennsylvania
Proposed Bill Would Make It Harder For Students And More To Claim Damages Related To COVID-19
Common Questions About Personal Injury Law in Pennsylvania
The Importance Of Seeking Medical Attention After An Accident
Can You Sue For Road Rage In Pennsylvania?
Can You Sue After Accepting an Insurance Settlement?
When Should You Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
What to Know About Suing the Government in Pennsylvania
Can You Sue if You Contract COVID-19 at Work?
People Hurt by an Intoxicated Person May be Able to Sue Under the State’s Dram Shop Laws
What Makes a Strong Personal Injury Case?
What is a Birth Injury?
The Risk of Using Social Media After an Accident
How Long Will Your Personal Injury Case Take?
Airplane Negligence: Where Premises and Product Liability Meet
What to Do After a Hit-and-Run in Pennsylvania
How do Damages for Loss of Enjoyment of Life Work in Pennsylvania?
Personal Injury Lawsuits Involving Adults vs. Children
Does Pennsylvania Place Caps on Damages?
Use of Video Footage and Social Media in Personal Injury Claims
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit Against a Social Host
Emotional Distress Damages
Duck Boat Drownings
Injuries from Flammable Fuel Gel
Recent Norovirus Outbreaks
Were You Hit by a Drunk Driver?
Pennsylvania Follows Modified Comparative Negligence
Recovering Damages in a Pennsylvania Personal Injury Lawsuit
Were You Injured by a Negligent Business Owner?
When are Parents Liable for the Actions of Their Children?
The Dangers of Chemical Spills
Collecting Compensation for Accidents Caused by Road Debris
Collecting Compensation for Soft Tissue Injuries
Establishing Negligence and Obtaining Compensation in Pennsylvania
Insurance to Exclude Sports-Related Brain Injuries?
Dram Shop Laws in Pennsylvania
Why Hire a Philadelphia Accident Attorney?
Well-Known Personal Injury Lawyer, Michael T. van der Veen, Announces New Philadelphia Office