Philadelphia Criminal Defense Attorney
Trust Philadelphia’s toughest, hardest-working attorney to defend your freedom and your future
Criminal charges are serious. A conviction forever affects your reputation and your freedom. The criminal defense practice at van der Veen, O’Neill, Hartshorn, and Levin is built on the understanding that everyone is entitled to a zealous defense, no matter what the issue. Whether a DUI offense, white collar crime, or sex offense, the Philadelphia criminal defense attorneys at van der Veen, O’Neill, Hartshorn, and Levin promise you discretion and relentless representation. We will fight tirelessly to minimize the negative consequences of a criminal charge. If you are facing criminal charges, our firm is your best defense. Mr. van der Veen is one of the toughest, hardest-working attorney in Philadelphia, with a long and impressive track record of success. When your future and your freedom hangs in the balance, he is the Philadelphia criminal defense attorney you need on your side.
- Aggravated Assault
- Marijuana Possession
- Child Pornography
- Drug Possession
- Identity Theft
- Internet Crime
- Multiple DUI
- Public Intoxication
- Sex Crime
- Underage DUI
- White Collar Crime
Serious crimes necessitate a relentless, savvy defense attorney
The circumstances of each criminal case are different, making these matters particularly complex. Attorney van der Veen started his career as a criminal defense lawyer in Chicago, handling drug cases with national attention. Through these cases, he was instrumental in changing the law, and decriminalizing needle possession, thus reducing the spread of AIDS. Having built his reputation on notable wins in high-stakes, high-profile criminal matters, he handles the most complicated, serious criminal cases, including:
- Murder—The stakes cannot be higher than they are in a murder case. A conviction can result in life imprisonment or death. In these very difficult cases, it is essential to have a dedicated and experienced legal advocate on your side. Our law firm offers the innovative, winning defense strategy you need and our Philadelphia criminal defense attorneys are not afraid to aggressively defend you in court if necessary.
- Assault—Some assault offenses are more serious than others, but any conviction negatively impacts your life. As an acclaimed Philadelphia criminal defense attorney, Mr. van der Veen takes the time necessary to understand your case and develop a winning strategy, tailored to the specific circumstances of your situation.
- Sex crimes—Sex offenses are sensitive matters. These charges necessitate a compassionate but committed representation. Our criminal defense attorneys welcome the opportunity to stand up for those accused of rape, sexual assault, and related crimes. If you are facing sex-related charges, don’t wait another minute and sacrifice your future. Contact us today for vigorous representation. Protecting your rights, your reputation and your future is our goal.
- DUI—Driving Under the Influence charges can substantially affect your life. Whether this is your first DUI or you have multiple convictions, we work unrelentingly to defend you.
- Drug offenses—Law enforcement is aggressive in pursuing offenses for possession, manufacturing, or trafficking of controlled substances. It is important, therefore, to have an attorney who is equally aggressive in defending you. Attorney van der Veen is well-known as being the most aggressive attorney in Philadelphia.
- Arson—In addition to substantial monetary penalties, an arson conviction may send you to jail. Individuals charged with arson may also be facing additional criminal charges, including murder, if people were injured in the fire. A serious crime necessitates a serious crimina defense attorney.
No matter the charges you are facing, our legal team will leverage the facts and circumstances in your case to create a solid defense strategy. Furthermore, we offer clients a safe and non-judgmental atmosphere in which to pursue their case. Our intention is never to judge, only to provide an unwavering defense. Lean on our attorneys to stand up and fight for you when it matters most.
Sophisticated internet crime attorney tapped into the latest case strategies and defenses
Crimes involving the internet are relatively new and are governed by laws that change with evolving technology. Staying abreast of these advances is essential to appropriately handle these legal issues. Clients trust our firm to always be on top of the latest defenses and winning strategies in complicated internet crimes:
- Theft—Theft offenses are diverse and include identity theft, bank theft, and credit card theft. Because many theft charges arise from misunderstandings, it is important to have an attorney who understands how to leverage the facts to serve in your defense.
- Possession of child pornography—Having child pornography on your computer can result in a serious criminal charge. Attorney van der Veen has extensive experience handling child pornography cases and is considered a well-versed Pennsylvania internet crimes attorney who can defend you against these sensitive allegations.
- Forgery—Forgery charges range in seriousness depending on the documents that were allegedly forged. Complicated electronic evidence can make or break your defense, so having a skilled criminal defense lawyer on your side is a must.
The internet is expansive and so are our law firm’s criminal defense capabilities. Mr. van der Veen began his legal career handling a sensitive and evolving area of criminal law in Chicago, an experience that drove him to excel in other sophisticated criminal issues. In internet crimes cases, we act as a trustworthy legal advocate for those in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania.
Businesses and employees alike require a sophisticated white collar criminal defense attorney
The regulatory maze governing corporate industries is extremely complex. Aggressive federal and state laws have resulted in increased criminal investigations and charges. It takes an experienced Pennsylvania criminal defense attorney to proficiently navigate these rules and regulations. With your professional reputation on the line, in addition to potential fines and jail time, you cannot rely on second-tier representation. As a reputable Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for 10 years consecutive running, attorney van der Veen provides first-rate criminal defense in white collar crime cases, including:
- Fraud including banking, insurance, government, and health care
- Bribery implicating money, services, and valuable information
- Corporate embezzlement and related theft charges
If your freedom is in jeopardy, schedule a consultation with a tenacious Philadelphia criminal defense attorney today
If you are looking for an uncompromising criminal defense team with a reputation for success, look no further than van der Veen, O’Neill, Hartshorn, and Levin. With an impressive cadre of attorneys rounding out the firm, we are dedicated to providing you with top-notch criminal defense representation. If you are facing criminal charges, do not settle for second best. Contact our Philadelphia criminal defense attorneys today online or by phone to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss a strategic defense in your case. If you are detained, call 215-515-6892. We are available to you at any hour of the day.