Philadelphia Criminal Defense Attorneys
Aggressive Representation for Serious Criminal Charges
Criminal charges are serious. A conviction can affect your reputation and your freedom forever. The criminal defense practice at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin is built on the understanding that everyone is entitled to a zealous defense, no matter the issue.
Whether you have been arrested for DUI, charged with a white collar crime, or are under investigation for a sex offense, the Philadelphia criminal attorneys at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin are ready to provide you with discretion and relentless representation. We fight tirelessly to minimize the negative consequences of a criminal charge.
van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin is a premier Philadelphia criminal defense law firm, serving individuals and families across Pennsylvania and New Jersey. With decades of experience fighting for the accused, as well as a history of outstanding litigation success, we have earned a much-deserved reputation as one of Pennsylvania’s toughest, hardest-working law firms.
Over the years, we have achieved numerous not-guilty verdicts for charges ranging from DUI to murder. You can rely on our team to work around the clock and fight for the best possible results for you and your family.
Top Notch Criminal Defense Attorney
Trust Philadelphia’s toughest, hardest-working attorney to defend your freedom and your future. Criminal charges are serious. A conviction forever affects your reputation and your freedom.
The criminal defense practice at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin is built on the understanding that everyone is entitled to a zealous defense, no matter what the issue. Whether a DUI offense, white collar crime, or sex offense, the Philadelphia criminal attorneys at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin promise you discretion and relentless representation.
We will fight tirelessly to minimize the negative consequences of a criminal charge. If you are facing criminal charges, our firm is your best defense. Mr. van der Veen is one of the toughest, hardest-working attorneys in Philadelphia, with a long and impressive track record of success. When your future and your freedom hangs in the balance, he is the Philadelphia criminal attorney you need on your side.
Serious Crimes Necessitate a Relentless, Savvy Defense Attorney
The circumstances of each criminal case are different, making these matters particularly complex. Attorney van der Veen started his career as a criminal defense lawyer in Chicago, handling drug cases with national attention.
Through these cases, he was instrumental in changing the law, and decriminalizing needle possession, thus reducing the spread of AIDS. Having built his reputation on notable wins in high-stakes, high-profile criminal matters, he handles the most complicated, serious criminal cases, including:
- Murder—The stakes cannot be higher than they are in a murder case. A conviction can result in life imprisonment or death. In these very difficult cases, it is essential to have a dedicated and experienced legal advocate on your side. Our law firm offers the innovative, winning defense strategy you need and our Philadelphia criminal defense attorneys are not afraid to aggressively defend you in court if necessary.
- Assault—Some assault offenses are more serious than others, but any conviction negatively impacts your life. As an acclaimed Philadelphia criminal defense attorney, Mr. van der Veen takes the time necessary to understand your case and develop a winning strategy, tailored to the specific circumstances of your situation.
- Sex crimes—Sex offenses are sensitive matters. These charges necessitate a compassionate but committed representation. Our criminal defense attorneys welcome the opportunity to stand up for those accused of rape, sexual assault, and related crimes. If you are facing sex-related charges, don’t wait another minute and sacrifice your future. Contact us today for vigorous representation. Protecting your rights, your reputation and your future is our goal.
- DUI—Driving Under the Influence charges can substantially affect your life. Whether this is your first DUI or you have multiple convictions, we work unrelentingly to defend you.
- Drug offenses—Law enforcement is aggressive in pursuing offenses for possession, manufacturing, or trafficking of controlled substances. It is important, therefore, to have an attorney who is equally aggressive in defending you. Attorney van der Veen is well-known as being the most aggressive attorney in Philadelphia.
- Arson—In addition to substantial monetary penalties, an arson conviction may send you to jail. Individuals charged with arson may also be facing additional criminal charges, including murder, if people were injured in the fire. A serious crime necessitates a serious criminal defense attorney.
No matter the charges you are facing, our legal team will leverage the facts and circumstances in your case to create a solid defense strategy.
Furthermore, we offer clients a safe and non-judgmental atmosphere in which to pursue their case. Our intention is never to judge, only to provide an unwavering defense. Lean on our attorneys to stand up and fight for you when it matters most.
Sophisticated Internet Crime Attorney Tapped into the Latest Case Strategies and Defenses
Crimes involving the internet are relatively new and are governed by laws that change with evolving technology. Staying abreast of these advances is essential to appropriately handle these legal issues. Clients trust our firm to always be on top of the latest defenses and winning strategies in complicated internet crimes:
- Theft—Theft offenses are diverse and include identity theft, bank theft, and credit card theft. Because many theft charges arise from misunderstandings, it is important to have an attorney who understands how to leverage the facts to serve in your defense.
- Possession of child pornography—Having child pornography on your computer can result in a serious criminal charge. Attorney van der Veen has extensive experience handling child pornography cases and is considered a well-versed Pennsylvania internet crimes attorney who can defend you against these sensitive allegations.
- Forgery—Forgery charges range in seriousness depending on the documents that were allegedly forged. Complicated electronic evidence can make or break your defense, so having a skilled criminal defense lawyer on your side is a must.
The internet is expansive and so are our law firm’s criminal defense capabilities. Mr. van der Veen began his legal career handling a sensitive and evolving area of criminal law, an experience that drove him to excel in other sophisticated criminal issues. In internet crimes cases, we act as a trustworthy legal advocate for those in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania.
Second Impeachment Trial of President Donald Trump Acquittal
Murder Case Not Guilty
Rape Case Not Guilty
Aggravated Assault Not Guilty
Drug Trafficking Not Guilty
Rape Not Guilty
Embezzlement Charges Dropped
DUI Not Guilty
Child Pornography Not Guilty
Governor’s pardon Pardon Granted
Unrivaled Record of SuccessWe have won tens of millions of dollars for injured victims, and have achieved countless "not guilty" verdicts for clients faced with criminal charges.
No Challenge too BigOur firm has handled some of the biggest cases in country, including representing the President of the United States.
We understand that every case is unique. Therefore, we tailor our approach based on the facts of the case and the needs of our client.
Uncompromising PassionOur competitive nature is one of our strongest qualities. You can be confident that no other firm will outwork our team.
Holistic ApproachNot only do we want to excel legally for the client, but we also want to make sure we are strengthening their mind, body and spirt.
Supporting the CommunityOur team engages in many community events and regularly donates time and resources to many charitable organizations in Philadelphia.
Home to Philadelphia’s most accomplished attorneys, van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin pairs diverse practice experience with a passion-driven, comprehensive law practice—all for the client’s benefit.