Allentown Family Attorney
The idea of involving a lawyer or the court to help you resolve a family law matter can feel unnecessary, or even embarrassing. But the truth is that when the stakes are high and your future is on the line, engaging a lawyer is one of the smartest things that you can do. Our lawyers understand the delicate and sensitive nature of family law matters, and are committed to protecting your confidentiality and your best interests. Call our Allentown family attorneys today for a consultation and information about how we can help.
Our Family Law Practice Areas
Our family law lawyers are here to serve you in regard to a wide array of family law matters. Our family law practices areas include:
- Divorce. Filing for a divorce is one of the most common reasons that Allentown residents seek a family law attorney. We can represent you throughout the divorce process, and provide representation in regards to property division, spousal maintenance, and more.
- Child custody. If you are a parent who is not living with your child’s other parent, then child custody may be a very big deal. It is important that you establish your parental rights with the court and get a court order related to your right to spend time with your child and make decisions pertaining to your child’s life.
- Child support. When parents are not raising a child together under the same roof, the non-custodial parent will be responsible for making child support payments. Call our law firm to learn more about how child support is calculated and how to pursue support today.
- Domestic violence. If you are a victim of domestic violence, our lawyers urge you to find a safe location to take shelter immediately. Once you are safe, our lawyers can help you to pursue a domestic violence protection order, as well as other legal protections, such as custody of your child.
- LGBTQ family law matters. For individuals and couples who identify as LGBTQ, navigating the legal landscape may look slightly different than it does for straight, cisgender persons. We can assist you with marriage, divorce, adoption, and more.
Why Work with Our Allentown Family Law Lawyers
When you choose to work with our Allentown family law office, you’re choosing a law firm that is experienced and passionate about its work. We work seven days a week to make sure our clients’ needs are met, and we have decades of combined legal experience. What’s more, we take a personalized approach to your case, creating a case strategy that makes sense for you.
Call Us Today for Your Consultation
We understand with what you’re going through, and know how challenging being involved in a family law matter is. If you need a family law attorney on your side who can champion your interests and provide you with sound legal advice, please call our Allentown family attorneys at the office of van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin today. We are available to talk by phone or chat online at your convenience.
“Micheal van der Veen was my attorney and he did an outstanding job on my case. He really listens and cares about your situation no matter how big or small and also makes you feel right at home when your in his office.”- Matt Swisher
“The van der Veen team treats you as family. We win together. You are not just a client, but a family member when you choose this office.”- Antonio Walker
“It has been a real pleasure to work with Mr. van der Veen and his team. They really care not only about the case and the legal issues, but mainly about the person. The legal work is excellent and the result in our case was simply outstanding!”- Nadia Hristova
Unrivaled Record of SuccessWe have won tens of millions of dollars for injured victims, and have achieved countless "not guilty" verdicts for clients faced with criminal charges.
No Challenge too BigOur firm has handled some of the biggest cases in country, including representing the President of the United States.
We understand that every case is unique. Therefore, we tailor our approach based on the facts of the case and the needs of our client.
Uncompromising PassionOur competitive nature is one of our strongest qualities. You can be confident that no other firm will outwork our team.
Holistic ApproachNot only do we want to excel legally for the client, but we also want to make sure we are strengthening their mind, body and spirt.
Supporting the CommunityOur team engages in many community events and regularly donates time and resources to many charitable organizations in Philadelphia.
Home to Philadelphia’s most accomplished attorneys, van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin pairs diverse practice experience with a passion-driven, comprehensive law practice—all for the client’s benefit.