Standing Up For the Rights of Accident Victims in Chester, Montgomery, and Bucks County
People slip and fall all the time. While common, these accidents often result in serious injury. If you have been injured in a slip and fall, you may think it was simply an accident. If you examine the situation and circumstances under which your fall happened, however, it is common to discover that you were injured through no fault of your own. van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin is recognized in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania for securing sizeable settlements and verdicts on behalf of slip and fall victims. As Philadelphia’s most aggressive advocate for the injured, our Philadelphia slip & fall attorneys work around-the-clock to do the same for you.
How do You Know if You Have a Slip and Fall Personal Injury Case?
Accidents happen and it is often difficult to determine who bears responsibility. During a free initial consultation, we can discuss the following issues in exploring whether you might have a slip and fall case:
- What caused the fall?
- Where the fall happened
- On whose property it occurred
- Conditions at the time of the fall, with respect to weather, lighting, and debris on the ground
Our Philadelphia slip and fall attorneys know the questions to ask and the facts to elicit. Through one-on-one discussions with you and key witnesses, we are able to assess the likelihood that the injuries you sustained in the slip and fall accident were caused by the negligence of another. If the facts of your case necessitate a competent slip and fall attorney rely on our team to guide you through the intricacies of these personal injury cases—and recover rightful compensation.
How Much Can You Recover in a Slip and Fall Case?
No two cases are the same. The amount of compensation we secure on your behalf in a slip and fall matter is very case-specific. Rest assured that our team of zealous Philadelphia slip and fall attorneys always focus on your maximum compensation and never settle for less. Factors that may affect your settlement include:
- Type and severity of injuries
- Medical costs incurred to date and anticipated future costs
- Time out of work due to injuries
- The extent to which the property owner was or should have been aware of the hazard
- Prior injuries sustained in a similar manner
A sophisticated strategy is the key to securing a settlement or verdict at trial, so it is important to obtain the services of an experienced Philadelphia slip and fall attorney. Furthermore, our attorneys regularly handle slip and fall cases and can best anticipate the extent of the damages for which you may recover. With more than $100 million in verdicts over the course of his career, Mr. van der Veen’s history of success speaks for itself. Let him put his winning record to work for you.
Philadelphia Slip and Fall Statute of Limitations
According to Philadelphia law, a slip and fall personal injury claim has a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the accident. In other words, you have two years to file a lawsuit after the incident. Your case may have a different time limit depending on the specific circumstances, such as the victim's age or whether the accident occurred on public or private property. Moreover, if you are suing a government agency, the statute of limitations may differ. A Philadelphia slip and fall attorney may be able to assist you if you are considering filing a lawsuit as soon as possible.
There are several factors that can affect the statute of limitations timeline for a slip and fall in Philadelphia. Here are a few examples:
- Age of the victim: If the victim is a minor at the time of the accident, the statute of limitations may be extended, giving them more time to file a claim.
- Discovery of the injury: In some cases, the victim may not immediately realize that they have been injured in a slip and fall accident. The statute of limitations may begin from the date that the victim discovered or should have discovered the injury, rather than the date of the accident.
- Location of the accident: If the slip and fall occurred on public property, such as a city sidewalk, there may be different deadlines and requirements for filing a claim than if the accident occurred on private property.
- Government agencies involved: If the slip and fall occurred on government-owned property, such as a city park, there may be different deadlines and procedures for filing a claim. In some cases, the government may be entitled to notice of the claim before a lawsuit can be filed.
- Other factors: There may be other factors specific to your case that could affect the statute of limitations timeline, such as the severity of the injuries or whether there were any contributing factors, such as poor lighting or hazardous conditions.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Philadelphia, it's important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney who can evaluate the specific circumstances of your case and help you understand your legal options.
Entrust Your Case to a Winning Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Attorney
It is unwise to pursue a slip and fall case without an experienced injury lawyer. These legal disputes are more difficult than people assume, especially if you are distracted by injuries and getting back on your feet financially. Success often hinges on evidence. Civil and evidentiary procedures, however, are very complicated. Attempting to undertake your own investigation can jeopardize your success. Furthermore, if your case goes to trial, courtroom processes and procedures are complex and mistakes are costly. To increase your chances of successfully securing compensation, consult with our Philadelphia slip and fall attorneys right away. We fight for your recovery in and out of court. With an extensive list of multimillion-dollar verdicts in past cases, Mr. van der Veen commands results where others fail. Our support, however, goes beyond just your legal case. In all aspects of your life, we help you build strength until you can stand on your own.
Contact Our Philadelphia Slip & Fall Attorneys Today for Fierce Legal Representation
Enlisting the help of a qualified slip and fall attorney can get you on your feet faster, but not all personal injury attorneys are the same. Never settle for second best. Our Philadelphia office is conveniently located downtown, near the Jefferson SEPTA station. If you are not able to come to the office, our Philadelphia slip & fall attorneys are available 24/7, including nights and weekends, to talk with you via telephone.