Philadelphia Auto Accident Attorney
The uncompromising voice of car crash victims throughout Pennsylvania
A automobile accident affects every facet of your life. Property damage can set you back financially and loss of transportation impacts your ability to work and care for your family. Finances are just the beginning—accident injuries can be devastating.
Depending on the severity of the crash, you may be facing overwhelming medical bills, ongoing care, or lifelong physical impairment.
These are serious cases. If you have been injured in any motor vehicle accident due to the negligence of another party look to van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin to get you back on your feet quickly. Lean on me and my team of skilled Philadelphia auto accident attorneys for strength during your recovery.
- Car Accidents
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Fatigued Drivers
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Texting While Driving
- Tractor Trailer Accidents
- Unsafe Roadways
Why You Should Work with a Philadelphia Auto Accident Attorney
Many people hesitate to contact a Philadelphia auto accident attorney after a crash, wondering whether or not working with a lawyer is really necessary.
While you have no legal obligation to contact an attorney, doing so can improve your chances of recovering the maximum amount of money that you are owed, and can also provide you with a sense of confidence and comfort throughout the process. Here are some important ways that our Philadelphia automobile accident attorney helps you after a car accident:
- Investigating your accident. Fault in a crash is not always clear, and even when it is, the right evidence must be collected to prove it. Fault, or negligence, can have a big impact on the amount of money that you receive in a settlement offer, and unless you prove the negligence of the other driver (or other at-fault party), you may be unable to recover compensation at all. The investigation starts as soon as we learn around your accident, collecting all evidence. This includes physical evidence, pictures of the accident scene, police reports, video footage, witness statements, and more.
- Filing your claim. Filing can be confusing. You may not know how to file your claim after an accident, or against whom. This is especially true if the accident was caused by a party other than another driver, such as the manufacturer of a defective auto part. Our Philadelphia auto accident attorneys help you file your claim against the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Proving damages. If you are injured in a crash and suffer losses, you may assume that the insurance adjuster responsible for processing your claim will recognize this and you’ll be compensated. Unfortunately, you will need to prove the full extent of your losses in order to recover any compensation. Our accident attorneys can assist you in gathering medical bills, working with experts, and proving damages.
- Negotiating for a fair settlement offer. Frequently, insurance adjusters offer claimants less than they deserve, hoping that the claimant will take the money in desperation and frustration. When your settlement offer does not address the full amount of damages you have suffered, we will aggressively negotiate for a more suitable settlement amount.
- Taking your claim to court. When a settlement cannot be reached, our Philadelphia auto crash attorneys will be prepared to take your case to court.
- Identifying all liable parties—Many people assume they know who was at fault in their accident. It is not uncommon, however, for multiple parties to be at fault and potentially liable. Lacking knowledge of the law and experience handling motor vehicle crashes, accident victims can easily overlook responsible parties. We identify all parties who may be liable for your injuries, to make sure you recover from all.
- Securing maximum compensation—When insurance companies, other drivers, and defense attorneys know you do not have an aggressive personal injury attorney on your side, they take advantage of you during settlement negotiations. An experienced car accident attorney is instrumental in ensuring that you receive the full compensation to which you are entitled. We are not afraid to take on insurance companies and defense teams, whether in negotiations or trial.
If you have been injured in a car crash due to the negligence of another, you cannot afford to take matters into your own hands.
As highly skilled auto accident attorneys in Philadelphia, we take the burden of pursuing justice and rightful compensation off your shoulders. With decades of hands-on car accident experience, we position you to successfully recover quickly and fully.
What are common causes of auto accidents in Pennsylvania?
Every year, thousands of motor vehicle crashes occur for a variety of reasons:
- Texting while driving—Taking your eyes off the road for mere seconds can result in a horrible accident. Every year, thousands of people are injured in accidents caused by individuals who are texting while driving.
- Driving while impaired—Consuming alcohol or drugs and driving is a devastating combination. With impaired motor skills and decreased inhibitions, drunk drivers can precipitate serious crashes.
- Driving while fatigued—Many people get behind the wheel when they are tired. However, fatigue has a similar impact on drivers as alcohol, increasing the probability of an accident.
No matter the circumstances under which collisions happen, it is important to consult a knowledgeable Philadelphia auto accident attorney right away to handle your case. Trust me and my team of aggressive injury attorneys to answer all your questions and honestly assess what is best for you. We fight for the best possible results for you and your family.
What if I was the one at fault in a car accident?
Accidents happen. It is common for people to think they were at fault in an accident when—in reality—they were not. For this reason, it is vital to never assume or admit to any fault at the scene of a crash.
There are many factors to consider in proving fault, and only an experienced Philadelphia car accident attorney can assess the degree to which you are negligent. Furthermore, because Pennsylvania law allows multiple parties in an accident to share fault, even if you believe your actions played a role in causing the accident, this does not prohibit your ability to recover compensation.
Do not let fears that you are at fault keep you from consulting our firm to build a strong case on your behalf.
Call our accomplished Philadelphia auto accident attorneys today to champion your case
If you have been injured, you need aggressive representation right away. While we aggressively seek compensation from negligent parties, we provide the compassionate representation you need to focus on recovery.
Our Philadelphia auto accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call, and through a free initial consultation, we work quickly to develop a winning strategy for you. Contact van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin online or call (215) 486-0123. You can also visit the firm’s downtown Philadelphia office, easily accessible on the SEPTA line.
Motorcycle Accident $35.1 Million
Truck Accident $10 Million
Bicycle Accident $4.8 Million
Truck Accident $4.3 Million
Truck Accident $3.3 Million
Pedestrian Accident $2.4 Million
Car Accident $1.7 Million
Car Accident by Drunk Driver $1.4 Million
Premises Liability $1.3 Million
Assault by Club Employee $1 Million
Unrivaled Record of SuccessWe have won tens of millions of dollars for injured victims, and have achieved countless "not guilty" verdicts for clients faced with criminal charges.
No Challenge too BigOur firm has handled some of the biggest cases in country, including representing the President of the United States.
We understand that every case is unique. Therefore, we tailor our approach based on the facts of the case and the needs of our client.
Uncompromising PassionOur competitive nature is one of our strongest qualities. You can be confident that no other firm will outwork our team.
Holistic ApproachNot only do we want to excel legally for the client, but we also want to make sure we are strengthening their mind, body and spirt.
Supporting the CommunityOur team engages in many community events and regularly donates time and resources to many charitable organizations in Philadelphia.
Home to Philadelphia’s most accomplished attorneys, van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin pairs diverse practice experience with a passion-driven, comprehensive law practice—all for the client’s benefit.