Allentown Murder Attorney
Anyone who has been named as a suspect in a murder investigation knows just how serious these allegations are. Every aspect of your life is now engulfed in your defense, because your future depends on it. The experienced Allentown murder attorneys at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin are determined to protect you as you face the most critical moment in your life. A serious charge deserves a serious defense, and that is exactly what you’ll get with our experienced legal team.
Innocent Until Proven Guilty: Protecting your Rights
Although prosecutors may act as though you’re already guilty, defendants are innocent unless proven otherwise. From the moment you are involved in a murder investigation, you have rights, and van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin is here to ensure those rights are safeguarded. Remember from the onset, you:
- May choose to remain silent: you are under no obligation to answer any questions beyond basic identification without your attorney at your side;
- May confront witnesses: during the course of a trial, your capable legal team will uncover any bias, misstatements, or inconsistencies;
- May have a trial before a jury of your peers;
- May have a speedy, public trial;
- Have the right to avoid double jeopardy (you can’t be tried for the same crime after being found innocent once).
Depending on the circumstances, you may be facing an array of potential charges and penalties. The maximum penalties for murder are daunting, making it essential that you have an established, knowledgeable legal team on your side. Your aggressive legal team at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin will work tirelessly to prove your innocence. This is no time for shortcuts, considering the possibilities:
- Involuntary manslaughter occurs when negligence or recklessness, such as driving under the influence of alcohol, results in a person’s death. A guilty verdict could result in fines and prison time.
- Voluntary manslaughter is often called a “crime of passion,” and a guilty conviction could result in up to 20 years of prison time;
- Third-degree murder may encompass a number of situations wherein malice was present, and may result in up to 40 years imprisonment;
- Second-degree murder occurs when an individual is the principal, or is an accomplice during the commission of a felony. The penalty may be life without parole;
- First-degree murder is an intentional killing, and is punishable by life without parole. The death penalty is possible in some cases, as well.
We have your Best Interests at Heart
Your future is in serious peril. At van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin we are undaunted in the defense of our clients. Whatever the legal challenge, we find a way to navigate the legal landscape in order to provide a robust defense. Contact our Allentown office today for a free, confidential consultation.
Notable Case ResultsAlways Pursing the Best Possible Outcome
Rape Case Not Guilty
Second Impeachment Trial of President Donald Trump Acquittal
DUI Not Guilty
Child Pornography Not Guilty
Governor’s pardon Pardon Granted
Governor’s pardon Pardon Granted
Arson Charges Dropped
Aggravated Assault Not Guilty
Drug Trafficking Not Guilty
Embezzlement Charges Dropped
Throughout the years, our firm and our individual attorneys have been recognized in both local and national media for our extensive legal knowledge, experience, and record of success. Our attorneys frequently appear in the media to provide insight and information on various legal matters, including high-profile cases.
Choosing the Right Firm Can Make All the Difference
Unrivaled Record of SuccessWe have won tens of millions of dollars for injured victims, and have achieved countless "not guilty" verdicts for clients faced with criminal charges.
No Challenge too BigOur firm has handled some of the biggest cases in country, including representing the President of the United States.
We understand that every case is unique. Therefore, we tailor our approach based on the facts of the case and the needs of our client.
Uncompromising PassionOur competitive nature is one of our strongest qualities. You can be confident that no other firm will outwork our team.
Holistic ApproachNot only do we want to excel legally for the client, but we also want to make sure we are strengthening their mind, body and spirt.
Supporting the CommunityOur team engages in many community events and regularly donates time and resources to many charitable organizations in Philadelphia.
Home to Philadelphia’s most accomplished attorneys, van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin pairs diverse practice experience with a passion-driven, comprehensive law practice—all for the client’s benefit.