Allentown LGBTQ Family Law Attorney
In Pennsylvania, the legal landscape has evolved dramatically and today, LGBTQ persons and couples are allowed to marry, divorce, and adopt children much like straight, cisgender persons have been able to do for decades. But while these rights may have been extended to LGBTQ individuals, LGBTQ couples may still face unique challenges in the family law realm. For help navigating a family law issue, please call our Allentown LGBTQ family attorneys for counsel and representation you can trust.
Allentown LGBTQ Family Law Services
Our lawyers at the law offices of van der Veen, Hartshorn, and Levin are available to provide you with legal services that are specific to you and your unique situation. We can assist LGBTQ individuals and families with:
- Pre- and post-nuptial agreements;
- Child custody and support;
- Domestic violence protection;
- Second parent adoptions;
- Property division; and
Unique Issues for LGBTQ Couples
Our attorneys recognize that while the laws may have changed and LGBTQ couples now have many of the same rights as non-LGBTQ couples, partners and parents may still face unique issues. Some of these issues include:
- Determining legal parenting rights over a child who has been raised by both parents, but who is only the biological child of one of the parents;
- Determining how property and debts should be divided when the couple has been together for decades, but has only had a legal marriage for a shorter amount of time;
- Determining how a spousal support award should be calculated upon divorce if the couple has been together for a long time, but has only been married for a short amount of time; and
- Navigating adoption options for same-sex couples, which may be more limited than options for heterosexual couples.
If you are involved in a family law matter that you don’t see listed above, please call us directly to learn how we can assist you.
You Need an Advocate on Your Side Who You Can Trust
At the law offices of van der Veen, Hartshorn, and Levin, we recognize that LGBTQ individuals in our society have not always had the same protections and legal rights as heterosexual and cisgender persons, and that in many realms of life, protections and rights may still be unequal and inequitable. If you are navigating a family law matter, our lawyers want to assure you that we will aggressively advocate for you. You can trust us to work hard on your behalf, to remain honest and open with you about your rights and our services, and to develop a case strategy that is personalized to you.
Call Our Experienced LGBTQ Family Law Attorneys Today
If you are navigating a family law matter, it’s important that you have an attorney on your side who knows what they’re doing and who has experience working on cases like yours in the past. Our passionate Allentown LGBTQ lawyers are here to provide you with the representation you need and deserve. Please reach out to our lawyers by phone or online to learn more about how we can serve you.