Allentown SEPTA Accident Attorney
There is no doubt that the Southeast Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) is a vital part of the transportation industry throughout Allentown and surrounding areas of the state. Indeed, there are more than a million trips taken via SEPTA each day.
But with hundreds of buses, trains, subway lines, and commuters, accidents are inevitable. Unfortunately, accidents involving SEPTA are often very serious, sometimes leaving those involved with catastrophic injuries. If you have been injured in a SEPTA accident, our Allentown SEPTA accident attorneys can help.
Common SEPTA-Related Accidents and Injuries
The types of accidents involving SEPTA that may occur are myriad. Indeed, while the most obvious accident type is the collision between a SEPTA vehicle and another object or person, SEPTA accidents can involve numerous factors and may be the result of various acts of negligence such as:
- Dangerous walking conditions, including uncleaned spills on floors, objects in walking areas, uneven walking surfaces, and more;
- Improper maintenance of vehicles, stations, or station facilities;
- Defective vehicles and vehicle parts/equipment as a result of defective design or manufacture; and
- Negligence security, including lack of security guards, poor lighting, video monitoring, and more.
The negligent acts above can lead to accidents that result in serious injuries. Common injuries include traumatic brain injuries, bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, back and neck injuries, and internal injuries. Sometimes, more serious injuries, including amputation and spinal cord injuries, may result.
Who’s Liable for a SEPTA-Related Accident?
SEPTA accident claim can be very complicated and require the knowledge and skill set of an experienced lawyer as such. Things that complicated these claims include:
- Determining liability –Not only are there often multiple parties who are potentially liable for a SEPTA-related accident, but also many different theories of liability, such as vicarious liability, that may be relevant.
- Understanding limitations on recovery – Rather than being bound by the state’s statute of limitations, which limits the amount of time you have to bring forth a personal injury action in most claims, SEPTA accident victims must file a notice of claim within six months of their injury. In addition to the short time limit, there are also limits on economic and noneconomic recovery for SEPTA claims.
- An overlap of municipal and state laws – There are both state laws and city laws in place that regulate SEPTA claims. You need an attorney who is not only knowledgeable about these laws, but also comfortable in navigating them.
Call Our Allentown SEPTA Accident Attorneys Today to Learn More
If you are injured in a SEPTA accident in Allentown, you likely have dozens of questions about the compensation available to you and how to pursue it. When you call our Allentown SEPTA accident attorneys, we will guide you through everything you need to know and work tirelessly on your case to maximize your compensation award.
For a free consultation with our law office, tell us more about your case by sending us a message or calling our Allentown office directly.
Notable Case ResultsAlways Pursing the Best Possible Outcome
Motorcycle Accident $35.1 Million
Truck Accident $10 Million
Bicycle Accident $4.8 Million
Truck Accident $4.3 Million
Truck Accident $3.3 Million
Pedestrian Accident $2.4 Million
Car Accident $1.7 Million
Car Accident by Drunk Driver $1.4 Million
Premises Liability $1.3 Million
Assault by Club Employee $1 Million
Throughout the years, our firm and our individual attorneys have been recognized in both local and national media for our extensive legal knowledge, experience, and record of success. Our attorneys frequently appear in the media to provide insight and information on various legal matters, including high-profile cases.
Choosing the Right Firm Can Make All the Difference
Unrivaled Record of SuccessWe have won tens of millions of dollars for injured victims, and have achieved countless "not guilty" verdicts for clients faced with criminal charges.
No Challenge too BigOur firm has handled some of the biggest cases in country, including representing the President of the United States.
We understand that every case is unique. Therefore, we tailor our approach based on the facts of the case and the needs of our client.
Uncompromising PassionOur competitive nature is one of our strongest qualities. You can be confident that no other firm will outwork our team.
Holistic ApproachNot only do we want to excel legally for the client, but we also want to make sure we are strengthening their mind, body and spirt.
Supporting the CommunityOur team engages in many community events and regularly donates time and resources to many charitable organizations in Philadelphia.
Home to Philadelphia’s most accomplished attorneys, van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin pairs diverse practice experience with a passion-driven, comprehensive law practice—all for the client’s benefit.