This month is National Traffic Awareness Month, and van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin encourages everyone to familiarize themselves with new traffic safety tips and share them with as many people as possible. Together, we can practice proper habits and positively change highway traffic safety. Here are a few tips every driver should know:
- Obey speed limits, state driving laws, traffic signals, and signs
- Ensure every passenger in your vehicle is properly wearing their seatbelt.
- Frequently maintain your vehicle (engine, cooling systems, brake lights, truing signals, and horn working.
- Drive cautiously near schools and in neighborhoods
- Keep eyes on the road at all times.
- Avoid driving distractions such as eating, drinking, or using your phone.
- Set navigation before leaving your destination
- Children under the age of 13 should be in the backset, buckled up properly.
- Check the National Highway Traffic Safety Administrations VIN search tool and familiarize yourself with any recalls or if your vehicle requires repairs.
- Schedule preventative maintenance checkups with your mechanic
- Never operate a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol, prescription, or illegal drugs (they can cause drivers to become drowsy or confused, which will affect required judgment)
- Always be mindful of pedestrians, scooterists, and motorcyclists you may be sharing the road with
Ways to Support
Spreading awareness for National Traffic Safety Awareness Month is super easy! The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is sharing campaigns, news reports, personal stories, and safety guidelines that you can repost or share on your social media accounts. There are also the local community and non-profit organizations that would greatly appreciate volunteers or donations.
In Need of Legal Assistance or Representation After a Car Accident?
Contact the lawyers here at van der Veen, Hartshorn and Levin if you or someone you know has been injured in an auto accident and believes financial compensation is owed. With years of experience on our side, our team of trusted attorneys has what it takes to review your case and assess the best course of action. You don't have to fight this alone. Let us be your guide.
Call our office today at (215) 486-0123 or visit us online to schedule your free consultation.